Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ethics

The examples of ethical issues that were discussed in class revealed a sinister part of the business world which is becoming more and more relevant in today's society. Topics such as government bailouts and collusion between stock market speculators have taken center stage in the public's eye. It's important that heads of industry and business profiteers uphold good ethical standards in order to maintain the trust of the population which they serve.

The documents shown in class were startling examples of dehumanizing language which gave me a new perspective on the application of business writing techniques. Hopefully, I never encounter a similar situation in my future career in architecture, but I'd like to think I'll uphold better standards than those articulate Nazis.

No comments:

Post a Comment